Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Dresser Makeover

I bought a bedroom suite at an estate auction while we were in Tennessee.  I wasn't paying attention when people were bidding so some other guy won the bid for $10, I talked him into doubling his money and selling me the set for $20.  Bryant was super stoked when he came home to a garage full of furniture, In addition to this set I also bought 6 dinner chairs, an ottoman, and a TON of fabric.  But it was a great deal!  The set is probably from the fifties. 

Here are some before pics:




These pictures were taken after I sanded all the scratches and water rings out, just before painting.  You can see my dogs 'helping' in some of the pictures.

Here are the current pictures, still not quite 'after' pictures because I'm not sure how I am going to handle all the broken drawer pulls.  I'd like to find someone with a lathe that can recreate them for me. 



um.  Do you like my drawer pull selection?

I think these are what really appealed to me.  Simple, clean furniture with curvy, feminine pulls.  I really need to find a lathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment