Follow by Email

Saturday, January 29, 2011

The headboard is finished!

In my experience, no project goes as planned.  There are always unexpected obstacles to conquer.  Last night when I got home from work I was super tired but Bryant helped me to be motivated to finish the headboard.  I thought I had a bunch of foam in the attic that I could use to make my headboard extra fluffy, I was wrong.  I went out and bought a sad assortment of egg crates, mattress pads and comforters.  When I got home my cheapness took over and I ended up using a folded over king size down like comforter and a foam mattress pad that we already had laying around. 

Putting it all together


Fabric up close
After lots of measuring and stapling and going the store to get an new staple gun because the first one wasn't going in all the way, the headboard was finished. 


Yay! Finished!


Mounting note: Bryant mounted L Brackets to the wall, then screwed the headboard frame to the L brackets.

Drillmaster Bryant

L Bracket

We  ended up forgoing tufting and buttons because the print would have made it look to busy.  That was Bryants idea, I'm a more is more kind of girl.  But he is probably right.
I love the way it turned out.  and down the road if I want to change the fabric it will be a breeze.  Now I have to change everything else in the room to match.


No comments:

Post a Comment