Follow by Email

Friday, January 28, 2011

Upholstered Headboard

Headboard Frame by Bryant
Drum roll please (drum rolling in your head) Presenting. . .My first Project!  It may not look like much now but by tonight it will be an upholsered headboard.
   
To build the frame Bryant cut down a peice of particle board to 80"x44", it is going to be big but our room is big and it needs big furniture.  He made the frame using some 1x2's. Bryant always makes things that are super sturdy, check that thing out!

I got this awesome print fabric from Sirs, it was remnant fabric so I got two peices that are about 1yard and 1/3 each and matched the print when I sewed it together. I was pretty excited because I had never tried to match a print before.  I think it turned out pretty good and the tufting should help to conceal the seam.
 
A few months ago our lovely neighbors gave me their granmothers button collection so I will be digging through it for the right buttons for tufting.  I don't want to do fabric covered, instead I am going to go with a contrasting color. . .probably black since the print is tan with french writing on it.  More Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment