Wednesday, March 9, 2011

My New (to me) Sewing Machine

I bought a sewing machine off craigslist recently and I had a hard time finding much information about it online so I thought I should contribute a resource.  The machine is a Morse 200 Deluxe.  I read somewhere that these machines were made by Toyota but I can't really vouch for it.  I was interested in the machine because it is older (Made in 1956) and its a beautiful blue color.  Sewing Machine/home decor all in one.  I knew that I wanted to buy it as soon as I plugged it in and pressed on the presser foot.  This thing has a really strong motor, its doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles but it sews fast! Almost like an industrial machines.  I hate when my sewing machine is the thing that is slowing my project down and I think this machine is a great solution to that problem.  I have resisted having it serviced because I want to figure out how to do that myself but I may have to buckle.  I think it needs a good tune up.  It sews fast but It doesn't feel like the foot goes all the way down so the fabric floats around and it leads to wobbly stitches.  I also think the stitch length is inconsistent.  I am confident that these things can be fixed with a little tune up though. Let me know if you you have any questions.

Here are some more pics:
Side
Other Side
Back
Full disclosure:  I think I am developing a bit of a sewing machine addiction.  I already have a Kenmore 158.???? and a Singer Fashionmate 248.  I think the Morse is going to be my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment