Monday, June 6, 2011

Kindle Cover

In my experience cheapness is the mother of invention, not whatever else is supposed to be.  Bryant got me Kindle for my birthday.  Yay!  Has anyone here shopped for Kindle covers?  They are unreasonably expensive.  I decided to take a stab at making my own.  My conclusion is that there is a reason they are so expensive.  I had to make, take apart, and remake this thing like 10 times.  And all the remaking made the finished product look like a mess, but it serves its purpose.


Front


Back
Inside- Black linen left over from this project

According to some people, if I had a super power, I would be Destructo girl.  So I need this thing to have a legitimate cover.   I wanted it to be hard enough to protect the Kindle if it were to say, fall off a building.  To address that problem we bought a $1clip board and cut it up into 2 Kindle sized pieces.  I also wanted it to have a zipper, so that I could put it in my purse and not have to worry about purse particles messing things up. 

I happened to have a zipper, foam and fabric at home.  So this thing cost me $1 (on a gift card, so technically no dollars), that is much better than the store alternatives. This is a first draft but it does the job.  I ended up hand stitching the cover on it because I got impatient with the sewing machine.  Check back later and I might take another stab at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment